Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 11, 2010

16 weeks - yes, 4 months!!!!


Who would have thought?? I just can't believe it, but let me tell you it's just awesome to make another monthly milestone.... someone up there is looking after me, that's for sure!!!


So, that pic on the left is from yesterday morning after brekky - still on the Sultana Bran! - and that's me at 4 months!! Certainly starting to really fill out now, but to be honest I still jsut do feel fat, fat, fat and not lovely round pregnant!!! When I had my last OB appointment on Tuesday, did a scan and I could hardly see any "black" area around the baby on the screen so it must be really started to "fill up" the uterus!!! Plus I'm having funny pulling pains on and off over the past week or so, so I'm assuming they are ligaments stretching and my abs giving way to the growing!

Anyway, the OB appointment went really well. My cervix was still the same length which is exactly what I want to hear. If it shortens at all, that may mean impending premature labour and I don't know what I'd do if tht happened to me again! Secondly, he said the results of last fortnight's cervical swab was all clear so no sign of any infections. He took another swab - can't wait until they stop at 24 weeks! How really wants to have the equivalent of a pap smear every 2 weeks?!?! But I KNOW they've got to be done!!! Bub was also still busily rolling around on the screen and I still can't describe the joy through my whole body when I see that little heart pounding away. I feel like if I get TOO happy, it'll all blow up in my face and something will go wrong. Oh, who would have thought it would be possible to become so attached to something so quickly?!?!

On a brighter note, yesterday I went to get all my waxing done (for some reason I could SWEAR it hurts more when pregnant!!!!!) and when she was doing the back of my legs I rolled over onto my tummy and I could clearly and distinctly feel bub moving around inside!!! I was obviously squashing it!!! So I told DP about it last night and got the giggles to myself! He laughed when he came out of the shower this morning to see me lying in bed on my tummy, saying "you're just lying like that to stir up the baby!" - well of COURSE I was doing that!!!! I'm addicted to feeling it now!!! hahaha!! Guess I won't be able to do that for much longer when I really pop out!!!

Anyway, I'm off to investigate what has happened to our disappearing SWB members!!! Where did you go girls????? : (

1 comment: