Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

15 weeks today!!!! Hurrah! (3rd June 2010)


Sooooo...... 15w today!!!! Wow, how fast is time flying?!?! I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad at the moment cause it feels like I all of a sudden have sooooo much to do!!!!!

Had a scan yesterday arvo. It was meant to be a cervical scan, just to ensure my cervix was still nice and long and closed tightly, and this monitoring will continue until about 24 weeks. No sign of any problems yesterday, it was as long as it was last time and closed firmly, so that was great news. I thought that would be it, but then the lady said she'd just like to scan bub and make sure it was still going along ok and growing as it should. Well, as IF I was going to argue about that!!!
Anyway, as soon as she put the transducer thingy on me, bub popped up on the screen and was flipping around as it usually is! I saw the heart pounding away and when measured, it was going at 162 BPM. She said from now on they don't really measure the CRL to date the bub, but measure head circumference, tummy size and the length of the shin bone. When looked at individually, the head measured 16w6d (all those brains!!), the tummy measured 14w5d (hungry) and the shin measured 15w4d, so averaged out it was pretty much close to spot on!! What a relief!! She then spent a couple of minutes just watching it and following what it was up to. It was turning around, backwards and forwards, upside down and back up again, crossed and uncrossed its legs a couple of times and then at the end started sucking it's thumb!!! Oh my god, if that wasn't the cutest thing I think I've ever seen, then I don't know what is!!! It was sucking it's right thumb, and I was reading on the net last night that it MAY indicate that it will be right handed when it grows up. Let that be noted to see the outcome for future reference!!!
Anyway, she cut a pic for me and whilst it's not the greatest quality cause bub wouldn't sit still, you can still see the little hand up near its face with the thumb in it's mouth!!! So cute!!!

Also found out today that a friend of mine in Brisbane is having a bub. She's only 8 weeks today so she's still a little apprehensive naturally, but she has been morning sick constantly from about 6 weeks and is a flight attendant so can't imagine that would be the easiest job in the world when you're constantly tired and feeling blah!!!! She had been on the Pill for 17 years and only come off it about 3 months ago, so it clearly didn't take her long!! Ahhh, good one them though. Some people just have the luck and I'm so happy for them! Congrats MK and SM!!!
Oh, and another friend of DP popped into his work on the way home the other night to congradulate him and to share the news that he too was going to be a dad and his fiance was due 3 days after me!!!! Must be something in the water!!?!?!?! Anyway, DP was thrilled after his friend got all excited stating they'd be able to go to "huff and puff" classes together!!! I think it took some pressure off DP cause now it means he's not going to be doing this without the support of his mate. I guess as much as I'm close to all my girlfriends when it comes to babies, I guess I underestimated how exciting it can be for men if they've got mates to go through it with too!!!

Anyway, that's again enough waffle for one day! Not long now until I can say I'm 4 months!!!! Woohoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment